Saturday, April 19, 2008

2 Weigh-In

Well, I lost another 1.4lbs. This was somewhat disappointing and discouraging to me. I have been doing so well on the program and sticking to it almost perfectly. But a loss is a loss. Slow and steady always wins the race. The woman at the clinic try to encourage me to focus on how my clothes are fitting, and not the scale. So this morning I tried on a pair of pants. Before I started the program I could barely get them up over my butt and button them up. I had some MAJOR muffin top action going on. This morning, they slid on easily and I could button them up. They were still a little snug. But SWEET, they fit so much better. Maybe I am having some success after all.
Considering this was spring break for my kids, I did really really well. The only thing that I splurged on was a bag and half of m&m's. One bag was when I was feeling guilty about my true feelings of motherhood. I just had to have something. But the amazing thing about it, is I moved on. I had the candy, didn't feel guilty about it, and ate sensibly for the rest of the day. When in the past I would have immediately said "screw this", and binged for the remainder of the week or maybe even two weeks. And then I had a tiny handful of m&m's when the kids were having them. Again, didn't beat myself up over it like I have in the past. This is a huge step for me to take. Knowing that I am not going to be perfect on my way to losing weight. And allowing myself to make mistakes has been the biggest gift I could give myself.

2 comments:

Denise said...

A loss is a loss.

If you lost 1 pound each week, by summer you will be down a whole dress size (or more)!

Anonymous said...

I think you did awesome!

I'm so glad to hear about the pants. I'm noticing that too. In fact, the other day I tried all every single pair of capris in my closet. They all fit better than last year.

We are doing great- I'm so proud of us!