Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cinnamon Bears and Chocolate Covered Raisins

Last night I attended a Stake Camp meeting. I was asked to be on the comity to help with the food. When we arrived I saw a spread of several bowls filled with different snack choices. Not one of which I am allowed to have. One of them was my favorite, cinnamon bears. The other treats consisted of chocolate covered raisins, pretzels, and baby carrots. I am so happy to say that I didn't touch one item. I didn't let a cinnamon bear even pass over these lips. Although I really wanted to. I am giving myself a huge pat on the back for this.
I am finding success with the food. This time around it hasn't been as difficult. Yes, it's only been two days. But I realized that I need to stick with things that taste good to me and make me happy. So yesterday, I bagged the salad. I went to the store and bought some items to make a kick-a salsa. It was so good!!!! I can't wait to have it again today. And I don't even miss the chips. Okay, maybe I do a little bit. I am going to have to just get creative I've decided. I'm a good cook, I can make things new and exciting. This particular salsa that I made was great with the left over roast from Sunday. Next I'm going to do a Mango/Pineapple salsa to go with Chicken and fish. YUM!!!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good girl!

I am all about the flavor...make the most of what you can eat, so you don't miss the other stuff so much.

Amy said...

Good Job! I am so proud of you!