Monday, April 14, 2008

Icre Cream or Diet Coke

I have survived the first day of Spring Break. Yeah for me. We took lunch with us and ate at my Mom's work. I didn't have one chip. And chips are so tempting to me. After that I took the kids to BYU. After, what seems like our 100th trip, to the Bean Museum we walked to the Book Store. It was smoking hot outside, 79 degrees!!! The kids requested Ice Cream Cones. We stood in a long line and all of the kids picked out their fav. flavors and I opted for a Caffine(again, winner for being the worse speller) free Diet Coke. Ice Cream is another of my favorite foods. I love the cold, creamy texture along with the crunch of either chocolate chips or nuts. Yum. But I didn't give in to my temptation. I gulped down my Coke while the kids reveled in their cold treat.
What great success I've had today. The only disappointment was that my salsa for my salad was only sub-par. I will have to do something with it tomorrow.
My attitude is so different this time. I can feel it in my gut. I think I am afraid of being left behind, eating Mandy's dust. I really don't want to look at this like a competition, because IT IS NOT. But man, I feel the pressure. I guess it's a really good thing too. Keeps me super motivated.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I think it's a lot of things coming together...meaning that this IS YOUR TIME!

And I am so glad.

Keep going!