Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My own Imaginings

I approached Brent this evening about being attractive. He acted just the way I thought he was going to. With the roll of his eyes, and the shake of his head, " Of course I find you attractive." Then he said something that was so profound he said, " No one has ever said or done anything to make you feel this way." Which is the TRUTH. I have done this to myself. I am the only one that beats myself up over the way I look. I have amazing friends and family who tell me everyday what a wonderful person I am. When I walk into a room Brent greets me with a " Hey Sexy". So why am I having such a hard time accepting the fact that I am a good person. That I am beautiful, overweight, but still beautiful. This extra weight doesn't define who I am. I am still the same person I am on the inside, no matter what the outside currently looks like.
So who am I really? I am a daughter of God who loves me. I am a wife that is loved by her devoted husband. I am a mother that is loved unconditionally by her children, who look past my weaknesses. I am a person who loves to be a good friend.

2 comments:

Denise said...

This is SO true!

There is an article in this month's ensign about our divine nature.

When I read it, so many things came to my mind...and one of them was to share this article with you.

Let me know what you think when you read it.

It is by Robert Oaks.

Amberlyn said...

Thanks for letting me know. I will read it today.