Saturday, April 5, 2008

Confession #1

I'm going to step up on my soap box, so just bare with me:

HELLO!!! No breads!!! I can deal with the no pasta or no rice. Those really don't tempt me one bit. But come on, not bread. I love a good sandwich. That means I can't have eggs on toast, or even an open face sandwich. And I'm suppose to be eating a lot of eggs in the morning. Oh Gosh, I can just feel the gag reflex coming on. And let's just take this one step further, that would also mean no chips. Hello, chips and salsa is one of my most favorite foods. I could handle replacing the chips with baked whole wheat pita chips, but I can't even do that. Am I totally setting myself up for failure? Even Leslie said she wasn't going to totally take away the Diet Cokes because she didn't want to set us up for failure. Well, I don't want to say it, but I'm kinda feeling that my new BFF Failure is going to be visiting me by this Saturday!!!! I DON'T WANT TO FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is a girl suppose to do? I don't want to be freaking fat anymore. But I also don't want to FAIL anymore!!! I guess I have to make this into something that I really want, and is it? Yes it is.

It's a good thing I'll be filling my days with research on Spiritual Gifts.

Serenity Now, Serenity Now, Serenity Now.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I guess this is my big worry for you.

It is great to lose weight...if that is your goal, but I think your goal is to change your life in such a way that you can be healthy your entire life.

It concerns me that you chose a diet where you have to cut out entire types of food.

Is this realistic?

I guess my question to you would be is this the right diet for you?

Yes, you will have short term success, but is that a way of life you can live the rest of your life?

Just because they tell you that this is how it has to be, doesn't mean that you have to do THIS particular diet.

You can go somewhere else, you can seek some other source of help...especially if this isn't the right one for you.

Goodness knows, one size does not fit all, and we each have to choose the diet that really works for us.

I guess that was one of the reasons that I liked weight watchers. I could eat whatever I wanted, I just had to make sure I counted it and didn't go over.

Don't be afraid. I know that you are ready to make the change. But just ask yourself if this is how you REALLY want to do it.

If is IS, then you won't fail...it doesn't mean you won't have the occassional setback...but it does mean that you are determined and that you CAN do it!