Friday, April 11, 2008

Bring it!!!

Last night as Brent and I were going downstairs to watch The Office and Survivor, he pulls out a bag of popcorn and proceeds to pop it. Let me tell you, the smell of popcorn at night is mind numbing!!! Especially when your use to eating popcorn at night WITH a bowl of ice cream!!! Before I started Absolute I think I was eating a bowl of ice cream every other night. YIKES. I am happy to say that I didn't even have 1 kernal of popcorn. Instead, I sucked on a sugar/carb free peppermint life savor.
I realize that it has only been 4 days. As strict as this diet it, and as much crap that I have been cutting out, I haven't seen much results. That is so disappointing. I haven't touched (aside from the stupid banana muffin) any bread, cookies, cupcakes, chips (which I LOVE at lunch with my sandwiches), gummy snacks, ice cream. The list could go on. In talking with my Aunt last night and the reminder that I am from the Edwards(my Mom's family) gene pool, I'm probably eating too much fruit. The body doesn't know the difference between sugar from a cookie, or sugar from a piece of fruit. But fruit is how I have been getting my carbs in. And honestly, fruit has been my saving grace. I will see how things go at my weigh in today. I am probably going to have to incorporate more cooked veggies as a carb, rather then the fruit. Sigh.... But I feel a commitment to this that I haven't felt in past attempts. I am determined to have this work. And I guess that's why it's so frustrating. DRAT my crappy genes!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I SO hear you on this one.

You are so good, and work so hard, and NOTHING!

I think this is precisely why I have failed on so many diets...it's that whole instant gratification thing.

But, I think you have to keep reminding yourself that this is a journey. And that you are trying to get healthy and change your life, and if you lost weight, that is a pleasant side affect.

I think your goal HAS to be changing your life...and the rest will come.

And you are doing great.

I am so proud of you!

Jessica said...

Give yourself more time to see results. You are in the habit building phase. You will lose the weight.

Amy said...

Denise and Jessica are right.... it's just going to take time and you're doing great. Just stick to it, do your best, and it will be good enough. Keep up the hard work!