Friday, April 25, 2008

Milk and Muscle

This whole week I have been so discourage by my progress. I started exercising which is so GREAT!!! I love exercising. But I when I stepped on the scale at home I had gained back 3 lbs. Blah, that is so frustrating. I have stuck to the eating almost to the T. I knew for sure when I stepped on the scale today that I was going to gain at least 2lbs. Between muscle gain from exercising and extra milk in my breasteses (Grace was suppose to eat in 15 minutes) it was a for sure thing!!! Mandy weighed before me and she totally took her pants off!!! I thought she was crazy!!! But I could hear her excitement. I thought to myself, " I'm going to need all the help I can get. I'm dropping my drawers." Mandy is so great. She never tells me how much she's lost until after I weigh in. But I knew from her reaction that she had a good week.
I stepped into the room and I could feel the weight of my disappointment on my shoulders. That in itself could have weighed 5 lbs. You have no idea my DELIGHT when I stepped on the scale and waited for the number to stop (If you've ever watched The Biggest Loser and they step on that ridiculously large scale and the number goes up and down, up and down and it feels like FOREVER for it to come to a stop, this is how it felt). When it finally stopped, I had lost 2.2 lbs!!!! YEAH FOR ME!!!!!!! When I got back to the waiting room I did a "raise your hands if your Sure" jump!!! I was so excited about 2.2 lbs. I feel so great about myself. All my hard work is paying off!!! YIPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels so good to finally have that sticking scale register more then a measley 1.and whatever lbs. Yes, I know a loss is a loss. But dang, this feels good!!!!
Big pat on my back, I deserve it.

On a spiritual note.

I started putting myself first by studying my scriptures, before I do anything else. You know how I am an instant gratification kind of girl. Well, this brought instant results in how my days went and how I felt about myself. And maybe it's just a placebo kind of an effect. But I like to give the praise to H.F. He knows I am trying and I KNOW he is blessing me for my honest efforts. I wrote in my journal after my last post and realized that if I do this, and put the Lord first I AM putting myself first. All my other relationships and concerns will fall into place. My relationship with myself, my Husband and my children have been better. The husband part still needs some work. But I feel as if I continue to change for the better, he will recognize this and will begin to change along with me. Nothing is more attractive then a confident, loving Woman. And that is what I am ultimately striving for, Confidence and unconditional Love for myself and my family.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Good girl!

And don't you go poo pooing my loss is a loss. IT IS!

But I know what you mean about the scale reflecting your efforts.

I also hear you about changing yourself, and having that affect other relationships.

One of my favorite stories is about a woman wanting to get a divorce...and I am not saying anything about anyone, I am just telling you this funny story.

Anyway, she went to see a divorce lawyer and he told her she would have to wait six months of file papers and she decided that in the mean time she was going to such an amazing wife, her husband was really going to regret it when she divorced him.

Well, six months came and went and the divorce lawyer called her up to move forward with the divorce.

"Divorce?" she exclaimed! "Are you kidding?"

"I have the best marriage ever, no way am I getting a divorce!"

The lawyer was amazed and asked her what had happened.

She told him that when she came home from meeting with him she set about being the best dang wife EVER, because she really wanted her husband to be sorry.

Well, pretty soon, her husband started to notice all the changes...and after a while, he too changed.

He was so happy and contented, that he could help but be more the kind of husband DERSERVING of such a good wife.

Sometimes, I know it doesn't matter how good a spouse we are, things just don't go how we want.

But sometimes, when we work really hard at being our best selves, this is relected in our attitude towards others and the relationships that we have with them.

Keep going! You're doing great!