Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Biggest Loser

The food is starting to really get boring on this program. I quickly getting tired of it. I need to find some exciting ways to cook meat and veggies. Since I love to cook this shouldn't be a problem. But I'm also finding that I'm still hungry an hour to 2 hours after eating. Like last night, my stomach was aching for something to eat and it'd only been 1.5 hrs since I ate dinner. Grace was done eating so I decided to go for a walk. Brent looked at me like I was crazy because it was snowing outside. I insisted on going and told him that if I didn't go exercise I'd never lose this weight. I did the 20 minute aerobic solution from Body for Life. I found myself jogging a little bit too. It felt great to be out in the cold and have that tingling sensation that comes after a good walk/jog. I look forward to it again this evening. I was hoping my hunger pains would go away, but they didn't. Luckily I had American Idol to distract me for a little bit.
I also got caught up watching the Season Finale of The Biggest Loser. In my past attempts to lose weight, I would have said screw it. Nothing is worth denying myself some ice cream. Not last night. I grabbed a yogurt and some almonds. And instead of being discouraged by what I was watching, it made me more resolved to stick with this program. And for the first time in 5 seasons, a woman won. She lost 112 lbs or something ridiculous like that. Every time I watch I am amazed at the change their bodies go through. And more then that, where does all that fat go? I mean, their loss could be an entire other person . Is it thrown out there in the universe waiting for someone like me to absorb that extra weight? These people took up so much space and now they take up 40% less space. It's amazing to me. I too, will join these losers. It will probably take me longer since I'm not in the gym 3-4 hrs a day. But every week, I'm throwing some of my fat into the vast universe hoping that it never returns.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I think that this is why it is so important to choose a diet that you can stick to.

One of the reasons that I loved weight watchers was because, at the end of the day, when I was out of points, there were still things that I could eat.

For example, a fat free jello with fat free whip cream is zero point!

Holy cow. It made me so happy to know that there was still stuff I could eat when I was at the end of my rope.

But the most important thing here is that you are moving forward and doing great.

I am SO proud of you!