Friday, April 11, 2008

First Weigh-In

Today was my first weigh in. I have to tell you that I wanted this to be an amazing experience. I was hoping to step on the scale and 4-5lbs miraculously disappear. I wanted to have that feeling of, " Yeah, this is sooo working for me." But not so. I am happy to report that I lost 1.6lbs, it just wasn't what I was hoping for. The woman at the clinic was so encouraging though(as she should be). She told me that it really does help to take the appetite supresant, which I can't because I'm nursing. And it is going to be harder for me to lose because I am nursing. And she told me that a loss is a loss. Which is true. That's all I want to happen. The small numbers will add up to big numbers, simple math. I went to the clinic with Mandy (for moral support--both ways). She better blog about her experience or I'm going to beat down her door!!!!
Again, I need to give this some time, like Jessica said . It's only been 4.5 freaking days. Take a chill pill Amberlyn. And Denise is right. This is more about a journey that I never thought I would be on. And losing weight along the way is probably going to be a perk. I am so grateful for this blog. I was telling Mandy that I really do think this is helping me in so many different ways. I am being truthful about my mistakes, owning up to my feelings, taking responsibility, and most importantly, being capable of letting go of my mistakes. Which is the one major thing that I haven't been able to do in the past. It is very liberating in many ways, letting go.
I look forward to next week. Not so excited about the weekend. Weekends are always so difficult for me. That's when the ice cream starts screaming at me from the freezer. And everyone wants some kind of dessert after dinner on Sunday. This is when I crave the free day of the Body for Life program. But to make things worse, tomorrow is my anniversary. That's not a bad thing, we'll be celebrating 12 yrs. of marriage. It's sticking to this program, and still wanting to have fun and do what ever. I know I'll do great. I just need to bring healthy snacks and just enjoy myself. And if I don't stick to the program, it's okay, it's only for one meal. And I can always take an immediate U-turn.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah! That's great! I know I already congratulated you at lunch after your weigh-in but I'm always the last to post so this time I wanted to be the first! And... didn't I tell you to round up?

So you actually lost 2 pounds!

Good Job! You're doing great!I can't wait until I can join you!