Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Loser

Last night, once again, I plopped myself down on the couch to watch The Biggest Loser. I sat down with Crystal Light and a few almonds, you know, to help curb that stupid sweet tooth thing. Normally when I would watch this show I would get discouraged and saddened that I was in my current state. And instead of being inspired, I would go to the freezer, scoop out a big bowl of ice cream and change the channel. Not tonight. I ate a few almonds and set them aside. I was once again inspired by the people on this show. By their determination and desire to lose weight and change their lives. It reminds me that I too, am ready for change. It also helps to remind me that I don't have hundreds of pounds to lose, just 10 here and 10 there. Which is so much more less intimidating.





Breakfast:
Bacon and Eggs
1/2 cup manderine oranges



snack:
protein bar



lunch:
sliced bell pepper, slices of cheese wrapped in deli chicken. DELICIOUS!!!

snack:

3 Tbl mixed raw nuts consisting of almonds, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

1oz cheese

1/2 apple

Snack:

1/2 protein bar

dinner:

italian stuffed bell pepper. this was a wonderful subsitute to lasagna. I didn't miss the noodles at all. In fact, I could eat this for dinner any night of the week.

snack:

1/2 proteing bar.

This afternoon has been very difficult for me. I have been hungry since 3pm. All I want to eat is something sweet and salty. Bad news. I know I am stronger then these cravings (I hope). I keep telling myself that my desire to lose weight is stronger then my craving for the fat snacks. The fat snacks got me into my chubiness in the first place. This day is almost over.



1 comment:

Denise said...

So, I have this same problem with salty and sweet...and I just saw a post about this...i wish i could remember where.

But, they suggested popcorn. 3 cups of air popped popcorn is just one point. It's a TON! And then the recipie said to drizzle 3 TBSP of maple syrup over the hot popcorn and turn to coat.

Maple syrup (the real stuff) is actually a pretty healthy food, and I am excited to try it.