Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Biggest Loser

Last night was the start of a new season of Biggest Loser. It's the BIGGEST season ever, people big that is. And they were big. I know that I have some weight to lose, but nothing compared to those poor souls. When they got on the scales and saw their weight in numbers, it was emotional. I cried for those men and women. And I think, in part, I cried for myself. Realizing that weight lose is not going to be easy. It is going to be a hard road, full of sweat and tears, ups and downs. Since we have gotten rid of cable, there is nothing else to watch on the T.V. I am planning on following this season and hoping that I lose weight along with these people. Watching the show is inspiring, and I hope to soak up some of that inspiration and apply it to my own journey.

I am so thankful that I am not as obese as those men and women. I know that I can improve, and that's what my plan is. But I am so glad that I haven't let myself go so far that I can't recognize myself in the mirror.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What time is it on? I know we've talked about this before but let's watch it together. I'll talk to Ed about it and see if he's okay with it. Wednesdays are generally easy-going so I don't think it will be a problem for me to come and hang out (not eat ice cream :) and watch it with you!

Amberlyn said...

The Biggest Loser is on Tuesday nights at 7pm, I think.

It was funny, when the show began the guy that trains was commenting on how the people sitting at home watching the show eating their ice cream should put down their spoons.

A twing of quilt surged through my body because that has been me in the past.

No more I say. I will triumph!!!

Jessica said...

I found this quote and thought of you:

I've always wanted to be thinner, and over the years I've tried various fad diets, from cabbage soup to no carbs, only to learn that diets don't make me thinner, diligence does. Boy, does that lesson suck. The fact is, I just have to stick to a healthy eating plan that is simple and manageable.

Amberlyn said...

Thanks for that quote, it sure rings true for me too.

I am still on my journey to finding diligence.

It's close, I can feel it tingling my fingers.