Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Busy means something Fast

Again, I didn't find it hard to make good choices. I realize that I am still far from being the healthy person that I want to be. I was super busy this morning. Running here and running there. I didn't have the time to prepare my meals the way I had hoped. So I did my best.





Breakfast:
Ham and eggs





Snack:
protien bar, a diet coke, and a couple bites of an apple





lunch:
Lean Pocket (yet again. it was fast and I was hungry)
steamed edamame, sugar snap peas, carrots, and black beans
1/2 inch peice of dark chocolate

snack:
pinch of cheerios snack mix, pinch of shredded cheese, an apple, 10 almonds

dinner:
ginormous salad w/ green onions, cilantro, red bell pepper, 2oz white cheddar cheese, 3 oz shredded pork and 1 TBL light ranch dressing.
3/4 cup manderine oranges
1/2 inch dark chocolate
crystal light

I realize that there are better choices then the lean pocket. I will try harder to prepare better lunches. But I think we all have those days where we go a hundred miles a minute and just don't have the time. My health and weight loss is important to me. I will get to a place where I can make better choices and have healthier items on hand. I'm still learning and growing at this. I wish it just didn't have to take me year after year, mistake after mistake to learn simple tricks.



Preparing dinner is when I generally have a hard time. I am cooking good food, it smells good, and my tummy rumbles. So what do I do, I snack on the items that I'm cooking. Hench, the pinch of cheese. And I just had to try the new snack I bought for the kids, make sure it was worthy of their taste buds. I'm glad I was able to come and sit down and write down my thoughts. It has refocused me and now I'm just going to drink some crystal light (wal-mart version).

Somthing else I realized as I was documenting my dinner, I need to drink more water. I know that water is key to weight loss. I will try and drink more water tomorrow. I am proud of myself for just having one diet coke today. My goal is to just drink diet coke when out to dinner or lunch.

I dealt with just today, and I think I did pretty good. Still LOTS of room for improvement. I can be better tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Posting your food intake two days in a row, well done! I know it takes a lot of time but I think this documentation will only further your success. I have not been eating as well as I would like so I would be ashamed to post everything I ate today. Good for you. A friend of mine mentioned getting some chocolate as a Christmas gift and she said she needed that chocolate like she needed a bullet to the head--the idea being that it would do her no good and not help her achieve her health goals. If only saying no to food were that easy--but it can be.

Amberlyn said...

I wish it were that easy.

I figure, for now, it's better if I take just a small square rather then several handfulls of chocolate chips.

I will get better. I just don't want to sabotage myself.