Monday, January 19, 2009

Free Day

Last week I pretty much had to force myself to eat junk. It was difficult for me, but I knew it needed to be done to help me stay in the right direction. I know, that sounds so backwards. But it worked.

Yesterday, I had no problems eating the junk. It came easy and was welcomed. My day was filled with candy, white bread smothered with butta, more candy, corn dog, and more candy. I made homemade eclairs for dessert and they were divine. I was sad that I missed out on my ice cream. Well, at least I don't have to buy that for my next free day.

By bedtime I was sick, again. But I had NO GUILT!!! And I am ready to move forward today, with the same determination as when I began. I've already worked out, and I can't wait to finish the day strong.



Breakfast:
Protein Shake with frozen strawberries

Snack:
Protein bar

Lunch:
chicken, 1oz cheese, 1/2 apple with 1tsp super crunchy peanut butter

snack:
1/2 banana with 1 tsp peanut butter

dinner:
1 ginormous salad with chicken, sauteed bell pepper and onion a few almonds with 2 TB ranch dressing.


To keep the momentum going I purchased 6 more red bell peppers. They were on sale, 3 for a buck. I also invested in a new salad spinner. Since one of my goals is to eat more salad I better make it good salad.

One of my struggles when I eat big salads like that is I feel as if I am eating too much. It just looks like a LOT of food. I guess this is where counting calories would come in handy. Maybe I will start counting tomorrow. Or maybe not.

No comments: