Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Heart Breaking Biggest Loser

So I am addicted to the Biggest Loser. Last night brought some tears to my eyes again at the weigh in. But for different reasons. The two people that needed to be there the most were the ones that were up for illimination. The 60 year old man brought tears to even the host. Everyone new that he should stay. The other kids was 19 years old and weighs over 400lbs. He has been told that he wont live past 30. Yikes. The group decided to vote off the 60 year old. I was so so so so so sad. But what I love the most about the biggest loser, are the success stories of those contestants that get voted off. Jerry was able to continue his weight loss journey and had lost a total of something like 86lbs. Way to go Jerry. So instead of tears of sadness, I had tears of joy for him. Relief that he took charge of his life.

This 19 year old was a huge inspiration to me last night as well. He was on the treadmill, RUNNING. RUNNING!!!! And he was yelling with joy and excitment. I thought to myself, "if that 400lb dude can get excited about running, then I can too."

Today I found myself jogging from the car to the Post Office, from the car to the Library. It felt great!!! Now I long for warmer weather. When I can get out and get my jiggly rear end out running. So that I am no longer a jiggle jiggler. I want to feel alive, to get that tingly feeling that you only get when you jog.

Spring, I know your just around the corner. Come quickly, please.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You know how much I hate jogging but I'll go with you if you need support!

And we need to practice our walking so that we can bust a move in the Portland-to-Coast walking marathon in 2010!

Amberlyn said...

Gosh, yes we do.

Running isn't my favorite either. But man, you sure see results by testing and pushing your body.

Jessica said...

What an inspiring post, thank you. I missed the Biggest Loser and hope to start watching it again. I think you are doing a great job! Jogging even for one minute from place to place is better than walking. You are really changing your life!