Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dang, here we go AGAIN

January is usually the time when we renew to be better, to do better. This year is no exception. Lately I have felt very discouraged by my weight. This isn't the heaviest I've been, although it's close. The difference is in my body make up. I have fat in places I've never experienced before and it is NOT cool. I feel like I am at the lowest point right now. I'm fine, no worries. I guess sometimes you have to reach the bottom before you realize that enough is enough. Well, I've stinking had it with myself. I'm not with the "snacking" bit. I'm done, done, done, done.

I expressed my concerns with my sister and she suggested that I post what I eat everyday on this blog to become accountable. I've tried that before and I've never been really honest with myself or other people. Well, I guess today is the day that I get real, that I start being honest with myself and others about what I shove in my pie hole everyday. I am commited to my sister to being honest about what I eat and report to her everyday. NO MATTER WHAT, not matter the embarassement or humiliation. I will be honest and true.

I have to admit that the last few days hasn't been hard to eat right. It hasn't been a struggle and I don't hate life. Yes, I realize that it's only been 2 days. Not even 2 full days. But you have to start somewhere. You can only live in the day and today I am doing great. I can look back to yesterday and I have no control over tomorrow. I can do my best in the now.

So here is a run down of what I've eaten so far today:

Breatkfast
1 light and fit dannon yogurt

Lunch
1 ginormous salad with bell pepper and sauted onions, 6 olives, 1 cheese stick(protien)
1 lean pocket
1 frozen garahm cracker sandwich with light cool whip

Snack
15 almonds
1 cheese stick
3/4 cup manderine oranges
1 frozen garahm cracker sandwich with light cool whip.

A few sugar free peppermint life savors

That's it. Not too bad right? Okay, I know. I really need to cut out the garahm cracker thingies. But I remember those only being 1 point according to weight watchers. I have to get my sugar fix in somehow right? Okay, maybe not.

For dinner I plan on having another salad (no cheese), ham, and some cauliflour.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Great, thanks for posting. A few ideas: eat some fruit or something more substantial in addition to thr yogurt for breakfast. Cut out the lean pocket at lunch.

Amberlyn said...

I know I should cut out the lean pocket. But it is easy and low-fat and high in protien. I just didn't have time to eat anything else with my yogurt. Mornings are so busy with the kids.


I will substitute with something better today.

Amy said...

Great Job! I will support you however I can. Just let me know if there is something I'm doing that is not helping and I'll stop.

I just want you to be happy. It doesn't matter to me if that's as a size 18 or a size 10. I want you to see what I see when you look in the mirror- a gorgeous, fun, caring, woman that is one of my BFF's!

Amberlyn said...

Thanks for your support, Amy.

I need all that I can get. They say you should surround yourself with good friends and family to help encourage and to just be there.

I am grateful to you and Jessica for being a part of my support system.