Thursday, January 15, 2009

Baby Steps

It's only been two days, but I have never felt better about a diet...I am doing weight watchers, and it is so much easier to be good this time than the last time I did...and I have 10 less points now because I am not nursing.

But i just feel like my attitude has changed. I haven't been hungry. I have been making healthy choices...and I cut myself some slack.

I actually had a yummy piece of cheesecake tonight at book group. But I KNEW it was coming, and I ate really well all day...so that I would have the points available to me to indluge.

It was awesome to treat myself and not feel guilty.

This will probably be totally different next week, but right now I am enjoy the little steps forward.

Plus, tracking my points has really made me think about what I am eating and try to be concious of each and every thing I put into my mouth.

I am enjoying cooking, and everything has been awesome. I made the best chicken and pasta salad for dinner, and one whole cup was only 3 points. I had two servings and I was soooo full when I was done.

I have to say too, it has been super fun to see HOW MUCH I can eat for so little points.

I actually took some of the things that I had been eating and counted up the points for them.

Holy cow...my favorite salad dressing...FOUR points for two tablespoons. Won't be eating that again!

It's good. I want to keep going...I NEED to keep going.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Right now I'm really into counting calories. I've never done this before and it's amazing for me to see how many calories I used to eat and didn't even know it. I'm making way better choices now that I know. And I like it because I realize I can have that cookie if I want, but I just have to not have another thing I was going to eat, or I'll have to eat less at dinner. For some reason this time just seems different. I feel like I'm really changing. I'm glad you are feeling that way too!! Even if they are just little baby changes :)

Amberlyn said...

I have felt the same as you Denise. This time doesn't seem so hard to me. I too, have found that I am not as hungry as I use to be. It's not hard to eat what is right. In the past it has been a drudgery. Something that I hated and forced myself into.

Not so much yesterday, but in previous days I've felt like I've had to force myself to eat.

Unlike you, I don't give myself allowances except on Sunday. And when I do "mess" up I feel major quilt. Case in point my 1.5 cookies yesterday.

I'm proud of you for feeling so great about yourself and your progress. You have to take it one day at a time. Each day is a "battle" and you already are winning!!!

You Have The Power!!!

Good Job Brooke!!!
I am still not counting calories. In the past that has been way too hard for me. I know it is something that would help me even more.
You are changing. I can tell in your attitude and in your actions. You are doing AWESOME!!!!

You, too, Have The Power!!!!