Friday, January 16, 2009

Being Tested

Last night after SEP's I just had to have something. Not that they went bad or anything. They actually went really well. So I caved, again, and had a Fiber One bar which contained 140 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. All last night I felt the guilt. Which is something I feel often when I diet. But that's the thing. I'm not trying to diet. I'm trying to change my life, my lifestyle. If I were just maintaining I wouldn't feel so guilty. But I'm trying to lose weight. The thought of failure went through my head. And for a few brief moments thought of quiting popped into my head.

Then came morning, and a new day. Instead of throwing all my hard work out the window, all my determination, all my gusto, I was resolved to be better. Instead, I knew I needed to eat less and better today.

This journey is going to be filled with bumps in the road. I'm sure that no matter how strong I think I am, I will have thoughts of failure eek in.

This time around is different. I feel different. I know I have the power to change. With the help of the Lord, good friends and family supporting me, I KNOW I will achieve this weight loss.

I was tested again today, without knowing it. For some reason, when I am at my Mom's home I tend to eat and eat and eat and eat. With the knowledge that I needed to be really good today, I didn't eat a darn thing while I was there. Okay, she had me try these all natural truffles that were amazing. I hope to get the recipe from her. But I didn't have anything. This was a triumph for me. As I was leaving I had some motz. cheese and a diet coke.



Breakfast:
yogurt

snack:
No snack

lunch:
pulled pork sandwich on home made whole wheat with half a bell pepper.

Yes, I know that pork probably isn't the best for me. But when your on a budget and don't want to waste food. You do what you have to do. Besides, pork is the other white meat.

Snack:
2oz cheese, diet coke

dinner:
whole wheat pita pizza
1/2 fiber one bar

2 comments:

Denise said...

actually...at this point...I think I might be the other white meat.

You are doing great. If could do away with a little of the guilt, I think you would do even better! Keep going!

Amberlyn said...

Your the other white meat, stop, your making me laugh my head off!!!