Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What Kind of Eater Am I?

Through this minor health problem I'm having I figured out what kind of eater I am.

I always struggled when I heard really overweight people say that they ate their feelings or that they were emotional eaters. I struggled because I never felt that I did that. I thought either I was in denial of there was another reason I was fat. When I was really overweight, I was convinced that I'd never lose weight until I found the reason or the trigger that made me eat too much or eat too much of the wrong kind of food.

Since Sunday, I have eaten like a horse. I'm not kidding. I have been putting stuff in my mouth all day long- and not good stuff. I've eaten stuff that I don't even like the taste of. Because I've been in physical pain.

Isn't that interesting? Especially when you figure in that most of my adult life, I've had chronic pain with my endometriosis. I knew that having my hysterectomy helped me in my weight loss endeavors, but I didn't realize that it had anything to do with pain until I started noticing my reaction to this pain I've been having this week.

So my turning point is now. Tomorrow, pain or not, I'm going to control my eating. I have to. It's just another step in my journey. And I fear that it's going to be one of the most difficult ones.

2 comments:

Denise said...

wow. I am sorry that you are struggling with this...but recognizing what's wrong really is the first step to making changes and bring able control to our lives.

I hope you start feeling better.

Amberlyn said...

There is always a reason for being over weight. For most of us it is a struggle to understand where our weaknesses are.

I completely agree with Denise. Once you've recognized where you are weak, you can turn it around.

I have confidence in you. You can do it.

So you've had a bad week. We all do. Now you are ready to turn it around.