Tuesday, January 20, 2009

No Wonder

I was having a conversation today that was very helpful to me. I was expressing my extreme desire to be successful. I also confessed my fear of eating too much. I have no desire to touch white bread, rice, pasta, or potatoes. I feel very lucky to not crave any of these items. Although last week I did indulge in my home made whole wheat bread. It is very nutritious. But it is still a carb. That is why this week I set a goal of just eating salads. Not just salads. I also realized that I am still having a hard time kicking the sweet tooth after lunch and dinner. I had been popping these sugar free life saver type thingies. When I came home I read the packaging and discovered that there are 14 grams of carbs in one serving!!! Hello, no wonder my weight loss was so low this past week. I eat like 3 or 4 or more of those a day. Just to help with those stupid sweet cravings.



Amy told me that if I can just forgo eating anything after lunch and dinner for the next 3 days that those cravings will disapear. That's what she experienced. So, I am following her advice. If it fails to work, I am going to kick her trash.



Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, this is one of those bad habits that has been so hard to overcome.



One habit that I am proud to say that I have just about mastered is the eating in the evening. Last week, I didn't eat anything after dinner. I eat dinner between 5 and 6pm every day. That is a small victory for me. That is one of the reasons for my disappointment in losing just 1.5lbs this last week. I have been doing so many good things to result in such small numbers.



I hope now, that my eyes have been opened one more time to some mistakes that I've been making, that I will have bigger success this week. If I don't, I still need to push forward. I am slowly changing my life for the better.





Breakfast:
2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 egg, 1/2 cup manderine oranges



snack:
2 oz cheese
@ 12 almonds



lunch:
half a large salad with chicken, salsa, cheese
diet coke



snack:
the rest of the salad from lunch

dinner:
red bell pepper strips wrapped in thinly sliced provolone cheese and deli turkey. Yum!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for salads! I'm having a salad for lunch today with a soup I put together last night: tomato, sweet potato, and black beans. Have I mentioned a simple, yummy dressing for salad? Open a can of green chiles and add a bit of honey and the juice of a lime. Amazing.

Excellent job not eating anything after dinner! You are really committed to changing your life. I am so happy for you.

Amy said...

I'm scared!

No, really. You could really beat me up.

You're doing great- have the battle is hope. The other half is endurance.