Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts

As I was thinking about my "new" journey on the weight loss trail, I was impressed by the strength that I have starting out. Never before have I had such determination and will to do what is right. I'm pretty sure that I had to learn a few lessons and a few light bulbs needed to go off in my head before I could really begin this journey. One of those light bulb moments was during Education Week. I was in a class on Prayer and the Sis. teaching the lesson told us that if we approached the Lord with our righteous desires, he would answer them. It might take some time and effort on our part, but they would be answered. Never have I looked at weight loss as a righteous desire. I always thought it was vain and selfish. But who wants to be sick and afflicted, burdened with the chains of addiction? Until I made that connections, I never went to the Lord before for help. My journey is going to be long, and hard and full of work. But I am so relieved that I can suplicate the Lord with this righteous desire and get help from someone who is far greater and stronger then myself.



Breakfast:

Yogurt



Snack:

Pear, 2oz cheese, 2oz ham



Lunch:

Whole wheat sandwich consisting of a half bell pepper and 2 slices of turkey bacon.

YUMMY!!!!!

Snack:
1 big tablespoon of cookie dough. GOSH DANG IT!!!!
32 OZ. Diet Coke.

Dinner:
Ginormous Salad with pulled pork, and apples.

I am so sick with myself for eating that cookie dough. What the heck was I thinking!!! First I write about how strong I am and then I go and show how weak I am by eating that stinking stuff. Breath. I just took an immediate U-turn and finished the day strong.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's okay, cookie dough bites happen. At least you didn't eat two tablespoons!