Sunday, January 18, 2009

Small Victories

So, I went a little crazy with dinner...but it was homemade spring rolls! How could not indulge?

I had plenty of points...and I while I did eat a more than I should have, I didn't go as crazy as I might have in the past.

All in all, a victory.

I did want to share that one thing that has really been helping me is measuring.

Measuring my food makes a huge difference in how much I eat. Even with company tonight, I still got out the measureing cup so I could KNOW exactly how much I was eating.

And, can I just say, it is always amazing to me how much I might have had if I didn't measure!

I am also happy to report that my jeans already feel better. yay. Now if I actually lose some weight, how happy am I going to be?

2 comments:

Amberlyn said...

Congratulations Denise!!!

You are doing GREAT!!!

It is amazing to see how much we actually put on our plates when we start measuring. It can also be a little frightening at times too.

I'm still not measuring or counting. Which is something I know I should start doing and I'm sure would help me out a ton.

Amy said...

I miss those homemade spring rolls! I've tried to make them on my own and they're not as good.

Remember when you would just make a ton for a party and then the next morning, we would have them for breakfast!

Ya- I couldn't have resisted eating them at all.

Maybe next time when I'm eating my cheese stick, I can tell myself it's really one of your spring rolls... think it would work?

Great job! I've found that cutting back while I was at a function or party is one of the hardest things to do- especially when you're the host.